Quick and Easy Dinners

I recently read a blog where the writer talked about her favorite redneck dinner. All her readers chimed in with comments about their favorite version of this (Kraft mac n cheese, Coke, etc.). I can't remember where I saw it, but it reminded me that for many of us, a quick and easy dinner is a few steps below Easy Sole Meuniere. For me, casseroles are generally the best recipes to throw together (especially ahead of time), but I'm only feeding two and we really don't want to eat anything three nights in a row. Below is a play on a casserole that involves virtually no fresh ingredients (so bad) and is perfect for two people. If you want to share a recipe like this, please email us at theplan03@yahoo.com.

Shredded Chicken Casserole
  • Poach two chicken breasts until done (10-15 minutes). I add 1 tbsp butter, a crushed garlic clove, and a chicken bouillon cube to the boiling water.
  • Grate about 6-8 oz cheese of your choice while chicken cooks.
  • Shred chicken.
  • Mix chicken, 3/4 of the cheese, and 1/2 jar of salsa together.
  • Layer in a loaf pan alternating mixture with Tostito chips and jalapeno slices (as desired), with remaining cheese on top.
  • Bake until hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to eat this right now!

Nacho said...

This is sort of a modified "King Ranch Casserole" which everyone loved in the 80's. :)