Savannah Wedding

This past weekend I went to Savannah for the first time.  The wedding was on Isle of Hope, which is a lovely place full of lowcountry architecture.



The reception was at a private club in Savannah and I have to say the food was amazing.  It was hard to get to the shrimp and grits and roast beef on a biscuit, but I could have been happy for the rest of the night once I found the gorgonzola mousse- DELICIOUS.  I really need to find a recipe for it- light as air and a bit milder than I would have expected.  Of course I left with pictures of the cake and flowers.





Savannah has wonderful trees that keep the squares shaded and cool.  We had a great time wandering around looking at the restored houses.  There is also a definite New Orleans feel down by the river, and I now understand how they have the largest St. Patrick's Day party in the world!  We stayed at the River Street Inn, which looks right over the water- very fun!

Mercer-Williams House, made famous by Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Savannah! What a great time of year to visit.