Rub a Dub Dub?

In my house, we have been getting really into cooking with rubs lately. Although I don’t have much experience with them (I used to be a standard marinade kind of girl), I have been really pleased with the results, and they are usually very easy and quick!. Below is an excellent recipe that we tried out last night on a flank steak – mmmm, read meat. It was slightly smoky (the cumin) and a little spicey. The best thing was, I had all of the ingredients already in my spice cabinet.
Give it a try!

Blackened Grilled Flank Steak (Cooking Light July 2007)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons hot paprika
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground red pepper
1 2lb flank steak, trimmed of fat
Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl. Rub mixture all over both sides of the steak. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours. Prepare grill or grillpan and grill to your desired degree of doneness.


fls

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum. i love steak on the grill in the summer