Wedding Wednesday: Calm Before the Storm

People have been asking how wedding planning is coming along. I say it's going well and that I'm not very stressed, which is true. I think I'm very lucky to be able to use established vendors who are low-maintenance, and the reception will be at a hotel (easy easy easy, both for you and your guests!). Most of my personal touches are confined to the welcome bags, which means I am not obsessing over tons of details. My mother has been very nice about taking care of a lot of the vendor research and communication (thanks mom!).

Inevitably the response is that this is the calm before the storm, and that the last few months are going to be bad. So blog readers, please share what unexpectedly stressed you out the most in the last months or weeks before the wedding. (My first guess is the seating chart...)

6 comments:

Nacho said...

Does this mean you don't like my idea of "musical chairs" after each dinner course?

Anonymous said...

Tracking down the straggling RSVPers is so annoying!! What do people not "get" about responding to an invitation?!

Samma said...

Last minute changes to people's addresses! And rsvps. Luckily ours was a buffet, so no seating chart. However, the seating chart for the rehearsal dinner killed me!

Emily said...

Finding out that our wine cork placecard holders were not pre-sliced and we were expected to slice 200 ourselves - 2 days before the wedding - thank you to my mom and two aunts who sat in the lobby at the boar's head for an afternoon with cutting boards and sliced away - and thankfully no visits to the ER

OR

going to our rehearsal dinner and finding out my in-laws invited extra people they met in the lobby that evening to the dinner, throwing my laborous seating chart out the window

Lindsey M. Cote said...

Just stay calm! I didn't get stressed out at all before the wedding. The only thing that I worried about at all was the weather. I really wanted pictures outside with the pretty fall trees...and I didn't want my hair to look like crap either! As you know, right after lunch, the sun came out and the weather was perfect!

Brittany Giddings said...

Actually nothing really stressed me out too terribly in the last couple of planning. I was eerily calm as well-even the day of!