I found this on A Southern Yankee in Manhattan who in turn took the idea from MMM more than a year ago. I stumbled upon the post this morning, and I thought it would be a fun exercise. Farrell lives in a lovely house- she has moved on from apartments, lucky girl- but maybe she will participate when she returns from her long weekend. Here goes (maybe it will shame me into improving my housekeeping habits):
1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Irish Spring and Fresh Milk Milk.
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No : (
3. What would you change about your living room? We have two old man recliners, but no couch! Someday...
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? No dishwasher. Some sacrifices have to be made in exchange for having a "Junior Four" in the city.
5. What is in your fridge? Milk, fresh spinach, onion, three types of cheeses (!), bread, butter and other condiments.
6. White or wheat bread? Prefer white but generally buy 7 grain. Sigh.
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Cereal, a blender, plastic wrap and sandwich bags.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Plain white.
9. How many plants are in your home? 0- I kill plants, despite being the daughter of a horticulturalist.
10. Is your bed made right now? No. (My mother will be ashamed of my tackiness.)
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Baking soda.
12. Is your closet organized? Yes! It is the most organized thing in the apartment.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? We have one...somewhere.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Tervis Tumblers with the UVA logo.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No. Again, sad.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? n/a
17. Curtains or blinds? Blinds, but would like to get some curtains.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No.
20. How often do you vacuum? I swiffer a lot...
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Electric.
22. What color is your toothbrush? White.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Yes.
24. What is in your oven right now? Long casserole dishes, cookie sheets, etc. that don't fit anywhere else.
25. Is there anything under your bed? The fiance's college diplimas, a step ladder, and a drying rack. Oh, and some free weights.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Picking up. I am fine with cleaning- it is getting all the stuff put away that I hate.
27. What retro items are in your home? The aforementioned recliners, one of which belonged to the fiance's grandfather and then moved to various uncles' frat houses throughout the 70's and 80's.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Ha. We have a nook.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? One, over the bathroom sink.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? No.
31. What color are your walls? White.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? The free weights?
33. What does your home smell like right now? Hopefully nothing, but sometimes I burn a really nice India Hicks candle.
34. Favorite candle scent? India Hicks Island Living Casuarina candle (I actually bought it at a sample sale).
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? n/a
36. What color is your favorite Bible? White.
37. Ever been on your roof? No.
38. Do you own a stereo? We have some kind of nice radio...
39. How many TVs do you have? One big one, which was the fiance's gift to himself after her proposed : )
40. How many house phones? None.
41. Do you have a housekeeper? No, but tempting...
42. What style do you decorate in? Mish-mash of hand me downs, which I think of as a very "Virginia" way of decorating : )
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? I like a mix, but get very overwhelmed in fabric stores.
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Yes.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you'd grab if you only could make one quick trip? Pictures, jewelry, paperwork.