Rant

Seriously...people need to keep their mouths shut when eating and chewing gum. Slap slap slapping away is not cute. It is not an appropriate way to declare that food is delicious. It is gross for those around the eater. And it brings up weird questions for the listener like, "why does that person have such an inordinate amount of saliva?"

It is just SO TACKY. UGH.

That is all. Is it Friday yet?

PS- I'm not a big fan of the slurping and utensil biting either.

PPS- Unfortunately I think I'm preaching to the choir here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom would kill me if she caught me doing that!

scg said...

I'm constantly stunned how many people have no idea of how to hold and fork and knife anymore. It's especially offensive & shocking when you see a good-looking, expensively dressed, apparently well to do couple hacking away at their meals in a good restaurant.

And a nice looking, UVA type girl spit right in front of me at the farmer's market on Tuesday. I allllmost said something to her about that. Whoopi Goldberg is right. Our generation has basically raised barbarians.

Unknown said...

Agreed. I'd add that it's just plain tacky to chew gum, period. If you must, do so in your car, house, etc, NOT in public.

Barefoot in the Park said...

i couldn't agree more!

Lindsey M. Cote said...

ok. i agree. BUT i LOVEEEEEEEE gum. i can't help it. i don't go anywhere without it. and i'm very popular for sharing it. AND i'm going to keep chewing it...forever! i promise, i don't chew like a horse...or britney spears! i just like gum. :)