The Alligator Pear

Avocados are my current food obsession. Farrell and I have both blogged about guacamole, but I thought I would give everyone some info about why you should be eating it.

People are turned off by avocados because of their high fat content. However, they are a great source of: Vitamin K, Fiber, Folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and monosaturated fat (that's the good kind of fat- it helps lower cholesteral.) In addition, avocados can help you absorb all of the good nutrition found in other fruits in vegetables. I won't bore you with the science of it, but suffice to say that adding avocado to salsa or a salad will make the those meals or snacks even more beneficial.

When you are finished eating your next avocado, click here to learn how to grow a snazzy plant from the leftover pit. Just be careful- avocado pits can be fatal to pets. - LG

3 comments:

MC said...

I know avocados are healthy, but I'm still completely grossed out by the green goopiness.

Sarah M said...

I love avacados! Yummy.

Anonymous said...

MC - Is the goopiness the only thing you don't like - or you just don't like the taste? You could make lumpy gucamole if you dont like the puree type texture.